What does winning the scholarship include?
- $7,000 toward tuition for the final year of study.
- If required, return airfare or ground transport and up to two (2) nights’ accommodation to both the winning student and faculty member, to attend the 2017 award ceremony at the Art Gallery of Ontario in Toronto, where the Aimia | AGO Photography Prize will be presented.
- $1,000 honorarium for the winning students’ home institutions to support their photography programs in any way they see fit.
How do I apply?
- In February, you will receive a letter from your university with a web link directing you to where to sign on and upload your application.
- Submissions will be accepted from February 27 - March 24, 2017.
- On the site, there will be a form and instructions on how to upload your portfolio.
- Once you complete the application, you will receive an email confirmation, and your portfolio will be submitted to your faculty for a juried process.
How is the decision made?
- Each institution will form a jury of 3 faculty members to select a finalist to represent their university. Their selection is to be submitted by April 21, 2017.
- The faculty will notify all students who applied of their selection after April 21, 2017.
- The scholarship jury will be composed of the AGO’s Lead Curator of the AIMIA | AGO Photography Prize, the previous year’s winner of the AIMIA | AGO Photography Prize, and an external curator.
- The winning students, finalists and faculties will be notified of the jury’s selections in June 2017. A press release will be issued announcing the 3 winners, with a link to their works on the prize website.